Anne, who writes Tales Along the Way nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award quite some time ago. The rules of the award are that I link back to her blog, display the award picture on my blog, I tell readers seven things about myself and that I nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
The first two are easy and the seven things about me weren’t too hard either, however I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to find 15 other blogs that inspire me and I haven’t, so the list is just 13. There are a number of blogs which I follow, although I just don’t have the time to read all of everyone’s posts – as interesting and informative as they may be. Being nominated for an award is a compliment, and I am a firm believer in paying it forward. I am sceptical though that with the encouragement of nominating 15 other blogs, how long it will take for most blogs to be have been nominated? On the other hand, it is a way of introducing your readers to blogs they may also be interested in, so here is my list:
Seven things about me:
1. I have no idea what I’m going to do next, it should be fun though.
2. My cat Velvet keeps me company and has travelled to some of the places I’ve been with me, I try not to be too much of a mad cat-lady so don’t mention her in my tales.
3. I write to get the words out of my head. If I didn’t write things down they would keep going ’round and ’round and stop me from sleeping.
4. My first job was washing dishes at a salad bar. So far I haven’t lived up to the dish-washer-to-millionaire-success-story. Never say never, it may happen yet!
5. I started the paleo-diet this summer and feel a lot better for it. I may have to abandon it again when travelling in India and a few other places.
6. My favourite ice-cream is Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey (not very paleo I know, but that’s what cheat-days are for)
7. My capsule collection of women’s professional wear is likely to be launched in Bristol in 2014 (unless something more exciting happens, see 1. above).